Search This Blog

Friday, November 08, 2013

Autumn in Finland

Wall graffiti in Helsinki's harbour
One night, I was riding through the city, ending up in a kind of dead end in the harbour. Some drunk idiots were trying to find out how fast their car could go, accelerating every now and then just to break a few hundred metres later. But ok, I've found that nice graffiti art work which must be kept on my camera's SD card.

Nuuksio Nationalpark just half an hour drive away from Helsinki
I've been to Nuuksio Nationalpark, just a stone's throw away from Helsinki, a couple of times, chasing some little creatures called "flying squirrels". It is said one's having quite good chances to see them, and I kept my eyes open, searching the top of the trees, but without any luck. Too scared, those little fellows. But at least the colourful autumn scenes were providing some great photo shots.

Dangling legs on Olhavanvuori in Repovesi Nationalpark
Another highlight: Repovesi Nationalpark, some two hours north east of Helsinki. I've spent the whole day there, walking and hiking a bit. And having some sort of dinner on top of Olhavanvuori. The cliff is dropping ca. 50 metres vertically down to the lake's shore. Nice scene, nice landscape, nice little thing of nature.

View from Olhavanvuori just before sunset, Repovesi Nationalpark

No comments: