Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Speed-seeing in Singapore

It was already past 1 am when I stepped outta the aircraft in Singapore.  I am always impressed by the dimensions of this Changi International Airport. Walking on carpet for kilometres (pretty strange and uncommon to equip an airport with it) and following the signs leading me to the exit. Public transport was not running anymore – I took the taxi. The driver was cool, telling me his whole life story with a lot of joy.


My hotel was just a few streets away from where I was couchsurfing the last time. I recognized the area which was making it easier the next morning walking in around in Little India before meeting Alessandra and Fabio in Chinatown.


Some Indian and Chinese temples later we had lunch in a hooker stall, adding some fresh juices and shakes to it. Dragon fruit, star fruit, mango, pineapple, … whatever comes to your mind. We walked a bit further on, through the “historical” centre or what’s left of it and had a 30 Dollar cocktail in the roof top bar (55th floor or something) of Marina Bay Hotel with a stunning view over the city – laser show included.


No comments: